Data Architect acts as a key technical leader in our Data and Analytics organization.
Department: Data & Analytics
Project Location(s): Brooklyn, NY, US
Education: Bachelor's Degree, TOGAF
- Act as a key Data & Analytics technical leader within General Mills
- Collaboratively develop the technology & capability roadmap for the General Mills big data ecosystem
- Lead the design and implementation of sustainable tools & processes to support the big data ecosystem
- Generate and implement your own ideas on how to improve the operational and strategic health of big data ecosystem
- Participate in the evaluation, implementation, and deployment of emerging tools & process in the big data space.
- Develop communication & education plans for technical teams on technologies and processes in our big data ecosystem
- Partner with business analysts and solutions architects to develop technical architectures for strategic enterprise projects and initiatives.
- Collaboratively troubleshoot technical and performance issues in the big data ecosystem.
- At least 10 years of hands-on experience in data management systems, data warehousing methodology, data quality, data modeling, data governance,
- Proven experience in architecture and design of enterprise data solutions, analytics and predictive modeling
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Demonstrated leadership skills with experience in leading and mentoring technical staff in software and product developments
- Demonstrated experience translating business and technical requirements into comprehensive software solutions
- Demonstrated experience on Insurance industry
- Significant experience in developing and implementing reusable data services
- Extensive background and expertise in developing and managing data technologies, technical operations, and related tools and technologies
- Working knowledge of IT governance frameworks, concepts, methodologies and modeling techniques
- Expertise in SQL Server, ETL, Data Warehouse design and architecture – Snowflake, BI reporting and Dashboard development
- Expertise in Hadoop / HIVE / PIG / Cloudera, Data architecture design and implementation, RDBMS platform and database schema design
- Advanced knowledge of Business Intelligence and Analytics domains – Predictive analytics, Prescriptive models, text analytics, statistics, machine learning, data management, data architecture, NLP, data governance, etc
- Knowledge of data architecture and design patterns and the ability to apply them
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new business domains and technologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around them
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on experience with modern enterprise data architectures and data toolsets (ex: data warehouse, data marts, data lake, 3NF normalization and dimensional models, modeling tools, profiling tools)